Elder Bird

Elder Bird

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Just Over Two Weeks Down, Man The TIme Goes Quick

Hey Everybody so I am now just over two weeks down.  I am still busy but starting to get used to the schedule here.  The food is really starting to get old, because now we have had everything they serve so it is starting to repeat.  My companion had to get a flu shot and I didn't thank goodness.  We have a new investigator and she is a lot tougher than our other because she has a background of buddhism and doesn't know anything about Christianity.  It's our teacher of course but it is the only way we can experience teaching in our language.  It is still very important and we feel the spirit very strong when we teach the lessons.  Let  me just say Mongolian is super hard it is formatted different than english and has a different alphabet with different rules.  I can pray and bear testimony and kinda read but that's about it.  I am learning everyday and improving so I know I can get better.  We got to hear from our English as a Second language Professor and he told us about mongolia and how we are gonna learn to teach english.  We will have an Online course from now until October 5 and then we will start to go up to BYU to their english as a second language learning center.  Which from what he said is one of the best if not the best in the world, So that is cool.  He also said it is such a cool experience to do this and we are the only mission in the world that has the opportunity to do so.  I have been able to attend the temple every friday, that is today.  I have learned so much from the spirit i feel there.  I take the opportunity to read the Book of Mormon as often as I can, and I am learning more from it than I ever have before.  I testify to you that it is the word of God and if you need anything read it and you will be surprised what you can learn.  We had a devotional on Tuesday from the Primary General President, Sister Wixom.  She had a lot of great points on being a missionary.  She related the First Story in Nephi when him and his brothers go to get the Brass Plates, to being a mission.  She said we as missionaries can do anything because we have the lord on our side.  I have also learned that we as missionaries are nothing without the spirit and cannot bring people unto Christ without it.  I love all of you and hope your lives are going well and I will write again next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment