Elder Bird

Elder Bird

Sunday, October 11, 2015

3 Weeks Here at the MTC Still the same

Hi everybody it has been another week here at the MTC.  I love the spirit I am able to feel when I am here.  We have devotionals all of the time here from a temple Presidency to a General Authority from the 70.  I have 3 investigators now all of whom are our teachers but the experience is still the same and the spirit is felt.  Our newest one she is playing an investigator with a Buddhist background so no knowledge of Christianity.  It makes it hard to explain Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father with so little vocabulary in Mongolian as I have.  We have learned to teach the first 3 lessons in Preach My Gospel obviously with pretty basic vocab, but learn so much from teaching and feel the spirit every time.  The Elders in my District are so much fun we always have fun as often as we can.  Elder Espinoza in the trio companionship is always cracking jokes and does a crazy good Jack Black Nacho Libre impression.  On Sunday we had the opportunity to watch Meet the Mormons I have never seen it and is so cool.  I really liked how it showed that we as a church aren't crazy and live normal lives just with the fullness of the Gospel.  We had a District Devotional review on Tuesday and when we have those I feel the spirit so strong from the sincerity of the testimony's born.  I wish we could do those more often.  We are all getting tired of the food,  it repeats a lot and kinda all tastes the same.  I just have to survive 6 more weeks of this.  I have gotten a few packages from my family and that is the highlight of the day when you find out you have received a package from your District Leader.  Thanks Mom love you so much.  We ate at the Temple last Friday in their Cafeteria the food was much better than the MTC.  Thank goodness our teacher told us about that.  We get one hour of personal study every day and I really enjoy that time.  It is the one time I can really dive into the book of Mormon and increase my testimony of its truthfulness.  As a whole district there is 13 of us, which apparently is quite large for a group going to Mongolia.  It is really cool and we all learn from each other and have a great time.  We all play volleyball a lot during our gym time and it is really fun.  I love the weather right now it is like perfect.  I am not really looking forward to the below zero temperatures I will experience in a little while.  I know that I will be fine though and have a great time in Mongolia, I can't wait.  I love all of you and Miss you hope life is treating you as well as it is treating me.  Have a good week and I will talk to you next week.

Love,
Elder Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment