Elder Bird

Elder Bird

Sunday, September 6, 2015

First Few Days Elder Bird

Hi Everybody this is my first P-day, I am now on my third day here and am grateful for my opportunity to serve.  My first day was crazy right after I got dropped off at the MTC they took me to my room to drop of my stuff and then had me pick up my books and materials, then it was off to class where I began learning Mongolian.  The teacher is not allowed to speak english so we have to learn what they are saying and it is very tough, but cool at the same time.  Then I went to meetings where as a group we taught investigators and it was a very cool experience.  The food here is pretty good what you would expect from a cafeteria that has to feed thousands of missionaries.  My companion is Elder Rodriguez and he is a very cool guy, he is from Baltimore Maryland and is part Columbian.  He has a strong testimony of the church and we get along really well.  We stay in a room with two other Elders, Elder Hatch and Elder Mahoney. We all have the same schedule and so we all kinda stick together.  We have gym once a day and we are able to play basketball and volleyball and others, it is a fun time to relax and have fun.  I was called last night as senior companion, and both me and my companion were called to be in charge of the sacrament on Sunday.  I am grateful for this assignment and hope it helps me grow.  I know my Savior lives and am grateful for this opportunity to serve, I know it is what I should be doing at this time.  I love all of you and hope you guys are doing well.  I will give you an update next friday hope you guys have a great week, Pray always and Read the Book of Mormon and if you do I know it will help you because it is helping me right now.





No comments:

Post a Comment